supporting voluntary and community action
(c) Keighley & District Volunteer Centre 2015 Registered Charity No: 1090144
The Supported Volunteering Project
Supporting adults with a learning disability to volunteer in their local community
How we help
Our ten steps to success:-
1. We will talk to you and find out what you would like to do and what support you will need.
2. We will provide you with the training you need to prepare you for your role.
3. We will give you the information you need and help you choose a placement.
4. We will support you to visit the placements you are interested in.
5. We will help you to fill in any forms you need.
6. We will help you learn how to travel to your placement.
7. We will work with you one to one in your volunteer job, until you are confident to work by yourself.
8. We will support your volunteer placement and teach them the best way to work with you.
9. We will keep in touch to make sure everything is going well for you.
10. We will involve you in making decisions about our service.
How to apply
There are several ways you can apply to volunteer, you can contact us yourself or someone else can refer on your behalf. Whichever way you do it, we are always happy to hear from you!
Download printable referral form
Email for more
information or to
request a referral
form by post
Phone us to make a referral
Click link for more services for
people with a learning disability